Friday, May 21, 2010

Reunion...

This past Sunday, we had a Bird Family reunion at my parents' house in Big Cove. It was great to see a lot of family who we don't see very often. There were, I guess, between 200 and 300 people there. My great-grandfather, Wiley Bird, had ten children - nine who lived into adulthood and had children; and several of those had a lot of children, including my granddaddy, Walter Bird, who also had ten children. And several of his siblings had very large families too. So that just makes for a BUNCH of cousins! Here are a few pictures. 1 - Uncle Daniel & Aunt Pauline Bird. This is my granddaddy's brother. He is ninety-six years old! Aunt Pauline will be 90 this year; and they will soon celebrate 72 years of marriage! Wow!


2 - Granddaddy's living brothers, Uncle Lester, Uncle Daniel, and Uncle Willard. Aunt Estelle and Aunt Rocine weren't able to make the reunion this year; and I was so disappointed not to see them.


3 - My dad's living brothers and sisters. Standing: Nancy, Ronald, & Kevin. Seated: Phyllis, Jane, Peggy, & J.W.




















No comments: