Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Good-bye, Wezy...

Our precious little cat, Wezy (Mackenzie's spelling, pronounced Weezy), was killed this afternoon. I hate getting pets because I get attached and then they die. Now I'm not one of those crazy people who grieve over a pet like it's a human or something; but I am sad that Wezy's gone. I was just petting her and loving on her a little bit last night. And my heart REALLY breaks for Mackenzie. Wezy was HER cat; and she loved her so much! Kellie plans to tell her when she picks her up from school this afternoon; and I know it's going to be a tearful evening at the Byrd House. To make matters worse, Makayla JUST got a new kitten last night - that looks JUST like Wezy! It's actually Wezy's half-sister.

Here's Wezy's obituary...

Wezy Byrd
FLAT ROCK – Wezy Byrd died Tuesday, May 18, 2010, a victim of vehicular homicide. She was about ten months old. A short graveside funeral is scheduled for Tuesday afternoon with Shannon Byrd, her owner’s daddy, officiating.
Wezy was a very loving, playful cat; and everybody who saw her considered her one of the most beautiful felines they had ever seen. She had been a member of the Byrd household since August 2009.
Wezy is survived by her owner, Mackenzie Leigh Anne Byrd; her owner’s sister, Makayla Kellie Lorene Byrd; her owner’s sister’s kitten, and Wezy’s half-sister, Angelica “Angel” Byrd; her mother, Momma Cat; and host of other extended family and friends.
Wezy will lie in repose this afternoon at the home of Momma Cat’s owner, Emmery Brown, in Flat Rock, Alabama. Interment will take place at the holler behind the Byrd House. In lieu of flowers, the family requests that donations be made to your local animal shelter.

6 comments:

Lacey MaRanda said...

Poor Mackenzie....I can't believe you wrote an obituary for a CAT...I was reading it just dying laughing but I still feel sad for Mackenzie :(....Good luck with the graveside service...Should we call you Rev. Byrd now???

Marty said...

I KNEW YOU WANTED TO BE A PREACHER!!!!!!!!!!!!

But poor Mackenzie.... :(

The Pritchett Parade said...

OML!!! Only you would write a obituary for a cat. LOL...Poor Mackenzie.

Sherrill said...

Poor Mackenzie. . .lost her pet and her dad is NUTS!!! LOLOL Almost crying about the cat, then shaking while I laugh at the obit - You are NOT right, Byrd!!!!

Shannon Byrd said...

I just want to be a blessing :)

Anonymous said...

Does Mackenzie want another kitten? We would love to share one of ours if she does. Can't say that it is very friendly b/c I am to allergic to them to get to close.