Thursday, May 06, 2010

Another Saint Gone Home...

I received word this morning that a dear friend, Sis. Edna Earl Jones, went home to be with Jesus; and while I sit here with tears in my eyes, I know it’s not for the loss of Sis. Edna – it’s for the rejoicing I have in her hope. Her husband, Bro. Will Ed, left this world just a few years ago; and I remember having the same rejoicing for him. This is why – they were probably some of the poorest people I’ve ever known. People say that they’re poor; but they have fine homes, nice cars, and good clothes. None of that describes Bro. Will Ed and Sis. Edna. I remember when I was a kid they lived in one of those old houses around the Dairy Farm in Big Cove. They were in rough shape then – just a cabin. Today, they look like nobody has lived in ‘em for 100 years. Their circumstances in life were so very different than probably anyone who’s reading this post; and for those of you who knew them, you know what I’m talking about. But, oh look what they’ve traded for a mansion! With their passing, my mind runs to the riches they have now inherited. The pleasures in life that they never had anyway, are no match for the untold beauties they are now a part of. Just fourteen years ago, they came in and received salvation and then struggled on through life. Bro. Will Ed finishing his course first, and then Sis. Edna Earl’s battle ending today. I feel so blessed to have known this precious, precious couple; and I hope that when my race on earth has ended, my friends can have the hope for me that I have for Bro. Will Ed and Sis. Edna Earl. I will never forget them; and hope to see them someday in a land where there’ll be no poor folk!

No comments: