Friday, March 26, 2010

From my sister...

My sister, Shawna, had this to say after reading my comments from yesterday. I thought it good to preserve them here too...

"I think about mom and it makes it all worth it, cause I remember her always being there for us and that means so much more than material possesions. She was there when we got home from school and was at all our school functions. She made us dinner every night and every morning made sure we had our breakfast. She wasn't too tired to help us with our homework in the evenings and sometimes made us rice krispie treats and would bring them to us as we watched TV downstairs! I can only hope to be such a wonderful mother.Dad's sacrifice was working so hard so we could have our mother at home. He got up every morning and I can't remember him missing a day of work whether he was sick or just tired (like I do now!). I remember him loving to horse around with us in the floor and giving me wisker burn! They love being our parents.Its worth everything you have to do without. I'm sure they would say the same." -Shawna Byrd Shockley

-BYRD

No comments: