Thursday, September 06, 2007

I've Been Tagged...

I have been "tagged" by 2 of my photographer friends... Gerri Weatherbee , and Anna Karin . This means that I am supposed to share with you, my blog friends, a few random facts about myself. So...here goes!
The Rules.Post the rules before you give the facts. Post eight random facts about yourself. At the end of your blog post, you need to tag eight people and list their names. Leave the people you tagged a comment on their blog, letting them know that they’ve been tagged.
1. My wife was born on my third birthday! Yes, we share the same birthday (February 11); and to further complicate things, we married on that day in 2000! I also have an uncle and first cousin who share our birthday!
2. My great-grandparents, Wiley & Josie Bird, also shared their birthday (May 21, 1893/1894).
3. By that last comment, maybe you can tell that I am an avid genealogist and probably enjoy that more than nearly anything else! I have published three books on the subject, and have three more in the works.

4. The last book I published, The Bird Family (2003), was something I had worked on for more than 10 years! I started gathering information for it before I could ever drive!
5. I love wathing reruns of Andy Griffith, Bill Cosby, and Little House; and yes, I cry during almost every episode of Little House!!! And there's nothing wrong with that! At least that's what my therapist says! ;)
6. The smell of skunks doesn't really bother me. It's not my favorite smell or anything; but it just isn't all that bad. Smells like burnt coffee to me. On the other hand, I really don't like to smell things PERIOD. I don't care if it's a candle or a diaper - I don't really like to smell things. My wife will come running at me with a candle, saying "smell this!" and then gets mad because I DO NOT want to smell it!
7. I am really scared of spiders. I mean, not to the point that I freak-out if I see one; but boy if I think I've got one on me, WATCH OUT!
8. I still don't know what I want to be when I grow up. Since I've been married, I've wanted to be a school teacher, a mortician/funeral director, a photographer, and my dream since I was in high school - a barber! Whatever I do, I want to do it right; and so for now, I'm a photographer! Who knows about thing time next year!
Okay, here's my special 8:
I'm gonna be lazy and not "tag" anybody else :) Sorry!

1 comment:

Gerri Photography said...

You bad boy! You didn't tag anyone! ;) I loved reading your '8 things' and I'm totally with you on the skunk/burnt coffee thing! I also would love to have been a mortician, so I see we have far more in common than I thought! ;)

Thanks for your support and kindness over the past little bit...it is so nice to know there are friends out there thinking of us! :)