Saturday, April 17, 2010

Spring Break...
















Well, we started out Spring Break in a five-star hotel in the middle of Manhattan, and ended it in a pop-up camper in Winchester, TN. Yes folks, that's from one extreme to the other. I'll probably write more about our NYC trip later; but I'll just give you the highlights for now. Ashley, Brooke, Kellie, and I left flew out of Chattanooga early Saturday morning for an extended weekend in NYC. Our hotel room (on the 40th floor) was overlooking Times Square and we appeared to be about level with the famous "Ball" that drops at New Years. The view was awesome! Saturday evening, we had dinner at "The View" - New York's only revolving rooftop restaurant. It was actually on the 46th floor of our hotel and we had a beautiful view all around Manhattan. The food was very overpriced; but we had a good time. That evening, we saw "Mary Poppins" on Broadway. Sunday, we toured and we toured and we toured. Monday, we toured and we toured. I have tons of pictures and gobs of stories; but I can't fit them into one post. Tuesday, we got up early and went to the Today Show, where we were not only spotted on camera; but Al Roker actually stopped and talked to us for a minute on camera, so I got my fifteen seconds of fame. We came home Tuesday night and then got up Wednesday morning and grabbed what we needed to join our kids and my parents at Tim's Ford State Park in Winchester where we camped until this morning. We had a good time camping too! Thursday, I had to leave early and go to Big Cove to photograph the wedding of my good friend, Marty, who was RE-united in Holy Matrimony to her now former ex-husband, Lee. Congrats to those guys; and I'll probably post more about that, along with pictures later. I feel like I've been around the world and back this Spring Break!

4 comments:

Simplicity By Christy said...

Looks like fun! Wish I could have went with you all!

Shelby Baker said...

You feel like you've been around the world and back because you practically HAVE been! I seen you on TV Saturday night ;) I actually seen Brooke first and then Ashley...and then Austin said ''Hey, that looks like Bro.Shannon behind them!'' And sure enough....it was! I felt so cool to have seen someone I knew on TV, I can't imagine how you must feel knowing that someone spotted you on TV! :) lol

Emily Godsey said...

I seen yall on the Today show!

PapandMam said...

Wow! The Today Show..I should have got up early and watched that day. I like Al Roker. Pics are really good! I see you had two monkey's with you...........LOL!