Wednesday, April 07, 2010

Bro. David...

Today my thoughts are on Rev. David H. Jones, who passed away from our sights one year ago today. To say that Bro. David was special would be like calling the Holy Ghost good - that just ain't word enough for him. Where the Bible talks about having ten thousand instructors in Christ, yet not many fathers - Bro. David was one of my absolute true fathers in the Lord. Had it not been for him, I might still would have been in the altar to this day; but he took a little time with me and encouraged me and then got to be right down there with me the night I made it. He was just my hero of heroes.
My thoughts and prayers are with his family today; but like I've already told Joe David this morning - today marks one year since Bro. David has had a worry or a care. One year since he's had any pain or suffering. One year since he's shed a single tear. Yeah, our hearts are heavy this morning because of how much we miss him; but wow, it's been a great year for Bro. David! I could blog on for hours about him - he was, in my eyes, probably the greatest preacher of my life time; and I want to be sure and remember his life and use it as a pattern for my own. Bro. David - you changed the world!!! I love you so much; and my children and grandchildren will know about you and your life for as long as I live!!!
-BYRD

1 comment:

Lacey MaRanda said...

So true, Bro. Shannon, sometimes when we lose loved ones we grieve but if we could just realize that there is no heartache for them anymore...it is only the beginning of their lives...thank the Lord for eternal peace