Thursday, June 03, 2010

Two Years...

Today is the two year anniversary of Alvie's death. This whole past week has brought about a lot of memories - some good, some bad. I've relieved those final moments over and over in my mind. And just looking back at everything that has changed since he left us... it's just unreal. We miss him every single day; but a few months ago, I finally got to a place to where I can honestly say that I wouldn't call him back. Two years ago, his worry ended - and I wouldn't want him to have to come back and pick up that load again. So the ONLY choice is to just wait our turn until we can go where he is.
It's a hard day for Kellie, so if you think about her throughout the day, just ask the Lord to wrap His loving arms around her just a little bit tighter for the day.

I'll probably right a little bit more later; but for now, I just wanted to mark the day.


-BYRD

3 comments:

Melissa Kelly said...

I can't imagine what she is going through, but we will be praying for your family today. We love y'all!

Sherrill said...

Sorrow is just sorrow. . .and then there is comfort. I pray there is comfort again today. We love you.

Joyce said...

Just a lil poem for you and Kellie,

We feel a warmth around us
Your presence is so near
And we close our eyes to visualize
Your face when you were here........
We remember the times we spent together
They're forever locked within our hearts
And as long as we have those memories
We will never be apart....

Simple but true...I still think of my parents each and every day...all they are to us now are memories...think of the good ones and remember the love.....it will get you through.