Friday, November 06, 2009

Happy Birthday, Mackenzie!

Man... seven years old! I can't believe my baby is going to be seven years old tomorrow! Where has the time gone? I don't know why; but it seems like seven is bothering me more than any age she's reached so far. I remember very well how much Kellie cried when Mackenzie turned one! Now, that's been six years ago!
I'm SO proud of Mackenzie! Not only is she absolutley beautiful; but she's as good of a child as God ever placed on the face of the earth. She's loud and very outgoing at times; but she has the heart of an angel. She's such a caring and loving person. She's slow to by angry and quick to forgive. She's just everything that I ever hoped she would be; and while it's SO sad to see her grow up - I couldn't hold my head any higher, as I'm so VERY, VERY proud of her.
I remember one night a few years ago, I went in to her bedroom to tuck her in the bed. When I reached down to hug and kiss her, she wrapped her little arms tightly around my neck and said, "Daddy, I want to hold you forever!" I just about lost it... kind of like I'm doing right now as I type this. I could just see the next twenty years of her life flash before my eyes; and I all I could think was, "Baby, I wish you COULD!"
She says that she's never going to get married and will always just live at home with me and her momma... one can only hope! :) I love you, Pert!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW I can't believe Mackenzie is 7!! Jasmyn turned 3 on NOV 7! I forgot they shared the same birthday... HAPPY BIRTHDAY MACKENZIE!!! Tara Brewer

Marty said...

ummmm...Hello? Where are the birthday pictures?????

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.