Saturday, April 25, 2009

New Ground...





























Today, Kellie and I had the distinguished honor of photographing New Ground, a fantabulous Southern Gospel trio from Scottsboro, Alabama. Dale and Robbie Maxwell have been staples in my life for as long as I can remember. Robbie's parents lived across the street from my parents for my entire life (still do, in fact); and she is also a distant relative of mine (one that I'll actually claim - ha, ha)! Speaking of family, we got there only to find out that New Ground's new drummer, Taylor "Fannie" Guffey, is Kellie's third cousin! Wow - small world! We also were able to meet lead singer, David "Champ" Owens, and pianist, Micky "Prince" Bell. We had a great time and were treated with a verse of "Where Could I Go"! Robbie - I hope you like these quick-edit previews (click on them to enlarge)! I'll have the rest done soon! Great to see you guys and thanks again for allowing me this opportunity!!!


-BYRD

1 comment:

Simplicity By Christy said...

Those look great! The 6th is my fav!